Congratulations! For what you say?…For signing up for great FORGE trail races in beautiful Lincoln Parish Park! Below is some race info. you may or may not need. Read ALL the info. thoroughly so there is no confusion.
LA. TECH GRADUATION
Whether you care or not, Saturday is La. Tech’s graduation which may mean possible traffic or not…just be advised and plan accordingly.
Many of us are camping. LPP is a sweet place to camp. Do it, you’ll be happy you did!
Call 318-251-5156 for reservations.
PARK ENTRY FEE
Lincoln Parish Park land use Fee $2.00 at the front gate.
PACKET PICK UP
Packet pick up is on Saturday morning from 6-7 AM, at Pavilion L5
RACE DAY REGISTRATION
Saturday morning from 6-7 AM, at Pavilion L5.
The cost is $5 more per pre-registration race fee (for whatever distance you choose). So if preregistration for the 5k was $25, then on race day the cost is $30.
Race day registrants DO NOT get a race T-shirt unless there are some left over.
You can register race day with cash, check, or credit card.
All 3 races will begin at 7:30 AM
There will be 1 aid/ water station on the racecourse for the half marathoners for sure. We are working on another one as well…
It will be hot! Please carry water. We will have water at the race.
Well that’s pretty much it. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to e-mail me. BE ADVISED: Do not e-mail me Friday evening, night, or Saturday morning…I will be in the woods marking the course for you kids! I will also be sleeping under the stars.
See you soon.
The FORGE Ales N Trails Running Group will meet at COMITE Park at 6;15 pm. Stick around to share some Ales after. The event is BYOB.
See you kids there! WEATHER PERMITTING
Kincaid Lake (Alexandria)
AM departure time to be announced. The drive is just over two hours,
-A caravan is possible for those who want
-Ales will follow, and will be a welcome reward.
Well the Headhunter is on its way…only a few more days. Some important information to note:
-RACE START TIME
All 3 distances begin at 8:30 am.
-LOCATION OF THE RACE
33203 Hwy 1019
Denham Springs, LA 70706
-You may pre-register for the Headhunter races till 8 am tomorrow morning (Wednesday the 6th) at:
After that you will have to register race morning.
-ONLY PRE-REGISTRANTS GET RACE T SHIRTS
-PACKET PICK UP/ RACE MORNING REGISTRATION:
Is race day from 6:30-8:00 am (You MAY pay with a credit card)
-FORGE RACING SHWAG
There will be plenty of FORGE Racing shwag for sale after the race including singlets, T-shirts, hats, belts, visors etc.
There will also be some cycling/ mountain biking shirts available that i printed a while back for $2 per (many to choose from)
(Again, you may pay with a credit card for these as well)
-WELL KIDS I AM EXCITED YOU ARE BACK FOR A SECOND ROUND OF THE HEADHUNTER AT TIKI. I AM TRYING TO AVOID A SWIM AT ALL COSTS. IF IT RAINS HARD BEFORE, I’LL JUST HAVE TO CHANGE THE COURSE A BIT.
Thanks for coming out to play!
First off thanks for coming out to the Dirty Soles Races. I hope you had fun. Loved seeing all of you out there getting dirty. So there are some upcoming FORGE Races you need to come out and try and some important info that may blow your minds.
UPCOMING FORGE RACES:
- HEADHUNTER 5k, 10k, & Half Marathon (Race #2 in the 2013 FORGE Trail Series) , March 9th in Denham Springs, LA. Click below to register:
-SPRING EQUINOX 50k & 10 Miler, March 23 at Clear Springs Recreation Area, Meadeville, Mississippi. Click below to register:
-Cajun Coyote 20 Miler, 100k, & 100 Miler, December 7, Chicot State Park, Ville Platte, LA: Click below to register:
MISSING DIRTY SOLES RACE T’S:
- Well the turn out for the Dirty Soles race was so awesome that we ran out of T’s. We promised a bunch of you pre-registered runners that you would get T-shirts, and you will get them…they are in the works. Sorry for running out!
PATAGONIA SHWAG FOR TRAIL (WHOLE) SERIES ENTRANTS:
- I am still waiting on that Spring Patagonia Catalog to come out to get you series kids your shwag. As soon as that catalog comes out, I’ll send you your choices, you’ll choose, and you’ll let me know…then you’ll get it! I want to get these to yall at the HEADHUNTER Race.
“LATE” TRAIL SERIES ENTRANTS:
- Many of you expressed to me that you would like to sign up for the rest of the 2013 Trail Series AFTER REGISTERING AND RUNNING THE DIRTY SOLES 10K. HERE ARE THE STIPULATIONS:
1) You must have ran and have a time for the Dirty Soles 10k Race (WELL KIND OF…READ ON!)
2) You register for the next 5 races of the trail series races (at a pro-rated price because you already paid for the Dirty Soles Race)
3) If you really really really want to sign up for the next 5 races and be included in the 2013 Point Series AND YOU MISSED THE DIRTY SOLES RACE, that
is fine…just remember that you are 1 race behind as far as series points go (the reality is that other people may miss a race this year too, so it may
balance out). If this totally confused you, just e-mail me
4) Click below if you want to register for the next 5 races of the 2013 Series (remember you will be running the 10k’s)
CLEAR SPRINGS TRIP FEBRUARY 23
- Brenton Day and I are headed to Clear Springs to do “homework” for the Spring Equinox Races on Saturday February 23rd. If any of you are interested in coming up, running, hanging out, drinking beer, and get a sneak peak of the race course, come join us. More info will be on Facebook about it closer to the actual date.
I guess that’s it for now kids! Keep getting out there and remember:
“What is genius? – It is the power to be a little boy or girl again at will.”
-James Matthew Barrie
Don’t ever lose it! Stay young!
DIRTY SOLES Race This Weekend And…
Well here we are…the week of the DIRTY SOLES 5k, 10k, & Half Marathon. This is gonna be a great event/ weekend! Here goes:
PACKET PICK UP:
-Barley Oak – Packet pick up will be at The Barley Oakwww.thebarleyoak.com on the Old Mandeville Lakefront from 5:30-7:30pm on Friday January 25th. A Dirty Soles pre-race party will ensue at 5pm and go till whenever we feel like the partying needs to stop! Come pick up your packet and have a blast with us!
-RACE MORNING – You may pick up your packets race morning (at the race site) from 7-8am on Saturday January 26th
- All 3 races: The 5k, 10k, and half marathon will begin at 8:30am Saturday
PRE REGISTRATION DEADLINE:
- Online Pre-registration deadline is Thursday NIGHT January 24th. If you do not pre-recister online before it closes you will NOT receive a race T shirt. You will get other shwag though. You may register at Fridays packet pick up or on race morning, but the cost is $5 MORE. I DO take credit card payments!
RACE DAY PARKING:
- The race takes place on The Northlake nature Center Trails, BUT YOU WILL PARK WITHIN PELICAN PARK. See the below link for a park map.
63350 Pelican Drive
Mandeville, Louisiana 70448
- Those interested in camping at Fontainbleau State Park with all of us crazy kids…yes, there is room, the cost is:
$10 PER TENT. Please honor this by paying ME so I can cover the cost of the sites.
- CAMPING MAP/ SITE NUMBERS:The site numbers are: CU027 & CU032.
- AT THE FRONT GATE YOU MUST SAY THE MAGIC WORD…”BECK”, which is my last name, so they know you are with our group.
- Check in as early as 2pm Friday
- Reservations are for 2 nights so if you want to stay saturday night too…that is fine.
- 2013 SPRING EQUINOX 50K INFO:
- On MARCH 23rd 2013 at the Clear Springs Recreational Area, Homochitto National Forest in Mississippi, the First Annual Spring Equinox 50k will be
held. We are adding a 10 miler too. These trails are awesome! Dont miss it. Stay tuned to the FORGE web site and FORGE FACEBOOK page
for more details. Probably will be a cheap fatass race this year. Registration opening soon.
2013 CAJUN COYOTE TRAIL ULTRAS AND 20 MILER INFO:
- The date for the Cajun Coyote is December 7th 2013…same great place…Chicot State Park. Registration opening soon at ultrasignup.com
SERIES RUNNER PATAGONIA SHWAG:
- For those of you signed up for the whole 2013 Series, you will be getting some great Patagonia shwag. I am waiting for the 2013 Patagonia Spring Catalog to come out. I will e-mail you your choices, you will choose, and then I’ll order your goodies! You’ll get your shwag at the Headhunter Race.
FORGE SHWAG FOR SALE AT RACE:
- There will be a bunch of new FORGE shwag for sale at the Dirty Soles Race including, hats, visors, belts, FORGE logo T’s etc. I DO take credit card payments!
- This is not related to running, but I have a ton of mountain biking and cycling T’s that I printed just waiting to be liquidated (2012 designs). They are cool T’s but I am doing new designs so I will be selling these for $2 per. What a deal!
If you have any questions about the race etc, please text, e-mail, or call me…
Thanks you dirty kids for coming to play in natures sand box…well maybe mud box! Dirty Soles baby! Hahahaha
And remember, and oldie, but a goodie:
“When you’re a kid you believe that anything is possible. The trick is not forgetting it.”