FORGE Racing News: 2013 Trail Events & Madness
Well 2013 has arrived and hey, the world didn’t end in 2012. Saweet…more trail runs!
So below are some FORGE events, reminders, and “other”:
2013 FORGE TRAIL SERIES INFO:
– So the trail series (whole series) registration is open at imathlete.com The 2013 race dates are at http://www.forgeracing.net
The people running the series races “for points” will be running the 10k’s.
– SERIES SHWAG – If you sign up for the whole series you’ll get some sweet Patagonia shwag like last year!
DIRTY SOLES INFO:
– The first race of the 2013 FORGE Trail Series…the Dirty Soles 5k, 10k, & Half Marathon registration is open at imathlete.com
– The Dirty Soles races are January 26, 2013, in Mandeville, LA at the Northlake Nature Center and parking will be in Pelican Park (stay tuned to the
FORGE web site and FORGE FACEBOOK page for more details).
– The Dirty Soles packet pick up is from 5:30-7:30pm and the pre-party is from 5:30 till…It will be at The Barley Oak http://www.thebarleyoak.com on the
Mandeville Lakefront from on Friday January 25th. It’s gonna be a blast.
– Dirty Soles pre-registration ends on Thursday January 24th. THERE ARE NO T-SHIRTS FOR RACE DAY ENTRANTS.
– Like last year, we are planning on camping at Fontainbleau State Park the night before the race. I’ll reserve the spots and whoever camps can cough up a
few bucks to help me cover the cost.
– NOW REGISTER DARNIT !
2013 SPRING EQUINOX 50K INFO:
– On MARCH 23rd 2013 at the Clear Springs Recreational Area, Homochitto National Forest in Mississippi, the First Annual Spring Equinox 50k will be
held. We are probably gonna add a 10 miler too. These trails are awesome! Dont miss it. Stay tuned to the FORGE web site and FORGE FACEBOOK page
for more details. Probably will be a cheap fatass race this year. Registration opening soon.
2013 CAJUN COYOTE TRAIL ULTRAS AND 20 MILER INFO:
– So the Crazy kids at the Cajun Coyote (specifically Chris Scott) handed off the Cajun Coyote to FORGE Racing. Truly, I am honored. These guys were
running trails and ultras decades ago…way before it was fashionable. And their Coyote Cohorts, and races are legendary on the west coast.
– The date for the Cajun Coyote is December 7th 2013…same great place…Chicot State Park. Registration opening soon at ultrasignup.com
FORGE AID STATION INFO:
– So maybe you have or have not heard of the legendary FORGE Aid Stations. These aid stations are one part race support and ten parts party. Dont miss
an opportunity. Heed the word on the street. They’re fun!
– Louisiana Marathon water station Opportunity. If you want to help, register for free at http://louisianavolunteer.eventbrite.com/
and scroll down and look for Water Station #1, FORGE Racing, and join us!
FORGE SHWAG STORE INFO:
– There is some new FORGE shwag for sale, so check it out and get you some. http://www.forge.bigcartel.com
– Also, most or all of the shwag will be for sale at the races too.
That’s all for now. Hit the trails, stay dirty, and to hell with your resolutions…dont limit yourself. Shoot for the stars. And remember:
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t–you’re right.”
― Henry Ford